Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!

Gotta love my mid-Atlantic state.  They are just not equipped to handle snow like my home state is.  We have less than an inch of snow, and my school district has cancelled school today.  It seems crazy to me, but I'll take it.  The gift of time.  It's my favorite gift ever.
The school will open at 10 today, so I'm going to go in later today and do a little work.  I've always said that school is so much fun without the kids.  And I mean that in the nicest way.  I left a few things there that I would've brought home to do over the weekend (thinking there's no WAY we'd have the day off today), so I'll go in and do a couple of small things and then bring home stuff to do over the weekend.

I've been thinking about my pledge to blog every day, and I just don't think it's realistic.  Some days, I just have nothing interesting to say, and I don't want to post just anything on here, so I will revamp my pledge to blog more frequently, but just not every single day.
This is what I would've blogged about yesterday: we were doing our ocean research in fifth grade and as I was going through the papers at the end of the class period, I noticed one student who had nothing but his name on his paper.  When I asked him about it, he told me that it took him a while to decide on an animal, and he did the reading but didn't write anything down.  His animal? the gorilla.  :(

Well, maybe he looked at this picture on the Internet.

What do I say to that? Seriously?!?! A gorilla?!?!? I told him that that was the lamest thing a student had ever told me.  I know that might've been a little mean, but c'mon! A gorilla?!?!

No comments: