Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jannook!

That's the name of my most favorite Christmas present this year, the Barnes & Noble E-reader called the Nook.  I fell instantly in love with it the moment I turned it on and even thought of a great name for it.  The first book I read on it was South of Broad by Pat Conroy.  (I love his writing, even though I didn't love the story.)  I am now reading a Malcolm Gladwell book called What the Dog Saw.  It is enjoyable and light reading.  When my bookclub meets next week, I can download my next book, hopefully, whatever we decide on.


I wanted the Nook for two reasons: first, I absolutely hate holding books in bed.  They are heavy and clumsy and my hand usually falls asleep trying to hold them.  Second, I cannot wear my reading glasses in bed, and I have to hold the book a little too far away to comfortably read the text.  The Nook only weighs 11.2 ounces, and it has several different fonts and sizes to choose from.  Problems solved!
I think it will even get me reading more books for school!

No comments: