Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sewing in the Library

I am not sure what I've gotten myself into. The PTA asked for interested adults to offer enrichment classes after school to the students, and I thought I'd offer a sewing class. A sewing class!! For kids!! Yikes. The reality of sewing with children is slowly dawning on me, and I am AFRAID!
I just hope I can thread all those machines. I'm a little worried about that. What should we make? I am thinking a pillow, a totebag, maybe a book jacket or something? It's only four sessions long, so how much time will we really have?
Hopefully, I'll go through my stash of fabric and let the kids use up stuff that's not my style anymore. Or maybe I can go to the fabric stores and beg for some cheap material that the kids can use.
It could be fun.

No comments: