Thursday, April 23, 2009

Followups

Three things: I paid for my dog-eaten library book today. $26.00 ouch. And now I have a souvenir to show my students.

Meanwhile, I am loving my lessons this session. The days just fly by, and every period is different enough that I don't get sick of hearing myself talk. Mostly because I am not talking very much! (And that's the way it should be, I know!)

This weekend, we have our state school librarians' organization's quarterly board meeting. It's like a 6 1/2 day work week. Fun, but I always feel like I need an extra weekend to catch up.

Our first sewing class was CRAZY! I had 7 little girls who had never sewn on a machine before. Oh my. Most of them got their first project started at least, although I thought they'd finish them! One of the sewers tripped over her machine cord twice, and the second time, it went crashing to the ground. The poor thing was near tears, but I downplayed the whole incident and sent her over to my machine. Last night, I brought that machine home to work on it, and woah, was it a mess! The wheel would not even turn, the bobbin winder was smashed to smithereens, the light bulb broke, and the ceramic (!) wheel and metal (!) housing were cracked. It took a couple hours of work to get the machine going again, but it seems to be sewing perfectly. It certainly looks like crap and will never thread a bobbin again, but at least it still sews. It's an OLD Kenmore machine that's obviously a workhorse!

No comments: