Monday, April 20, 2009

Inspired

I was working on my curriculum map for the rest of the year this past week, trying to get things aligned with what's happening in the classrooms. There are only 8 weeks of school left! EIGHT WEEKS!!!!!!!! A couple of the lessons I'm working on last for several weeks, so there's hardly any time left at all this year. That happens every year: I feel like there's SO much time and it's only October and then before I know it, it's the end of April and everyone's going on field trips and I have only a few classes left. Whew! I borrowed a lesson from a friend of mine in our district and tailored it a bit to my taste. Third graders will be working with the thesaurus to re-write nursery rhymes. Rhymes be damned--we're learning a new resource! Kindergarteners were so busy working on our state readers' choice list that I didn't even have time to do community helpers with them (they study them in March), so I made up a Smartboard activity today matching helpers with the tools and special clothes they wear. Interactive! Come on, administrator--observe me now! I guess my inspiration is coming from that light at the end of the tunnel. Every year, I feel like it all comes together a little better. It's only my ninth year in the library--there's always room for improvement!

No comments: