Saturday, March 28, 2009

Woah.

I am completely blown away. An author commented on my blog. A real author. Author of the book I just got in the mail. Someone read my blog besides me. Last night, when I saw the comment, I was higher than the stars. Tonight, thinking about it, I am still there!
I'll have to really start thinking about my book reviews now. Maybe it's time to get serious. Oh, that sounds like work now. At the moment, I am completely hooked on Zach's Lie by Roland Smith. Roland spoke to some nearby middle-schoolers, and I got to sneak over and listen to one of his presentations. He is a friend of Jerry Pallotta, and I got to tell him, "I'm one of Jerry's cousins!" (Jerry told me to say that.) I am not, of course, but I could be! Roland was so perfect for the middle-schoolers: fast-talking, sarcastic, funny. I can see why they loved him.
Anyway, I will booktalk Zach's Lie to our fifth graders this week and next. I think they'll enjoy the suspenseful plot. No more time to blog--time to read!

No comments: