Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Day Crochet

We are on snow day #7, and I've been staying busy working on school stuff (of course) and sewing and crocheting.  My first afghan is finished!
It's brown and blue--I love that variegated yarn.  Those are some of my favorite color combinations.  The solid areas are a light brown.  It's very warm and cozy--perfect for cuddling up on the couch. I've been working on this since June, so I'm thrilled to have it finished.  It wasn't so much fun to do during the hot summer months!

I just started a baby blanket.  It has motifs, which I haven't worked with before, but it's pretty simple.  Little granny squares in the middle (40 of them!) and then worked together and bound with some shell stitches.  Here's the progress so far:
and here's what each motif will look like.  It's pink and brown, the baby-to-be's colors:


We are off again tomorrow, so I'll continue working and posting. And another storm is headed our way Tuesday into Wednesday, so I may be home even longer... 

No comments: