Saturday, March 6, 2010

I LOVE this guy!

I don't know where I've been.  I don't know what I've been doing for the last month.  Wait.  I know.  I've been teaching all day every day.  And I've been finishing up one reading program and gearing up for another one.  I've been spending every minute reading and writing for an online class I'm taking. 

School is nuts.  I am constantly feeling behind the 8 ball.  I don't like that feeling, but there's just not time in the day to get everything done so that I feel prepared and organized.  My principal offered to give me a professional day, but honest-to-God, what I need is a professional period every single day.  Our school baord has voted to add 20 minutes to every school day so we can make up the lost time (from the snowdays), and I asked my principal for that time in the library, doing library things.  But I don't think it's going to happen.  It sounds like we're all going to be in classrooms for that extra time.  Sigh... If I had that extra time every single day, I could make a little headway on all the library administrative stuff that's not getting done.

I happier news, I have to relate a story from one of my first grades.  I was reading Abe's Honest Words to them as part of our famous Americans study, and as I held the book up to show the class, a little boy burst out, "I LOVE this guy!"  It was just so cute. 

1 comment:

Jinxie said...

Oh how cute! I love that guy, too!

I can't imagine how taxing the added time will be on the teachers. That adds up!!!