Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Observe Me!

My principal emailed me today. (He had to work 1/2 day; teachers didn't.) He wants to observe me in the next two weeks. It will be my first official principal observation in 9 years. Seriously, nine years. I think I was observed once back in 2003, or maybe it was 2004. The assistant principal did it; it was fine. I am a little excited and a little nervous all at the same time. Of course, he wants to do it in the next two weeks, and next week is bookfair. That would be interesting, indeed! I think I'll suggest the following week. I will recommend any day except day 4. Day 4 is a difficult day for me. Day 5 is no picnic, either, but I can manage them. It's just unfortunate when management takes up more time than the rest of the lesson. I'd hate for him to have to see that, even though classroom management is part of the observation. I have three days of no school to get ready for the thrill of December. School children + christmas = controlled chaos.

No comments: