Monday, May 4, 2009

Inspiration

I love my fellow librarians (well, almost all of them). This afternoon, I was still trying to come up with a lesson for kindergarten (which was due to arrive at 3 pm sharp) and just not having much luck. I looked through their curriculum map to see what had been going on recently and what was coming up, and nothing struck my fancy.
I thought I should do something on natural resources with them, especially reusing materials, since that's one of their curriculum standards and I hadn't touched on that at all. I IM'd my good friend at a middle school (she used to be an elementary librarian) and just like THAT, she had a book idea for me. Of course, then she had to teach a class and didn't give me anything else but a title, but that was enough! I put together a pretty darn good lesson plan, I think.
This is one of the things I miss about not being on a grade level. Being the only one in my building who does what I do gets a little lonely sometimes. Thanks for the idea, Jenny!

No comments: