Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Friendliest Flower

Today we had our last elementary librarians' meeting of the year. It was fine...inventory, state testing, etc. No big deal. Our supervisor is retiring effective July 1, and we weren't sure if her position would be posted, but we found out today that it will be, so that is good. She told me to dust off my resume, but quite frankly, I'm not really interested. I do not want to be in charge of people. I do not want to continually fight an uphill battle to get people to understand that we are teachers, too. I do not want to have to play the political games that I am sure go on at the district level. No thanks. I'll stay in my school in my happy little library. The last lesson plan sharing meeting was tonight, too, and it was just so much fun. We had a blast, as usual. Laughing and getting off-track and being a little unprofessional. Such fun. Another librarian told us that she watched You've Got Mail over the weekend, and I shared with everyone that it was that movie that made me want to become a librarian. When Meg Ryan's character is in the Foxx bookstore helping a customer because the clerk had no idea what she was asking for, I just knew I wanted to be like that--so knowledgeable about children's literature. That was a watershed movie for me. A watershed scene. I could watch it all over again. Don't you just love daisies?

No comments: