Saturday, November 13, 2010

2nd Video Attempt: Better

Seriously?!?! Who is the fat lady with no neck in the rocking chair?!?!?! OMG.  It is not any fun to watch yourself teach.  Oh, my.  The videotaping itself was pretty good--we have to adjust the angle to show more of the students' faces, and I think the lesson is good, so we're going to try again next week.

I successfully closed the library for 1/2 hour to tape the class, and that worked out much better than when I tried it without doing that.  Realistically, though, I can't keep closing the library whenever I get the whim to videotape.

The members of the cohort watched each other's videos this morning, and we critiqued them.  It was really interesting watching other people teach.  I can't say I loved the other lessons--I know the lessons aren't supposed to be dog-and-pony shows, but a few were just plain boring, and one was really practically out of control! The teacher said 'Shhhhhh' at least 25 times!  Really?

I also know that National Boards is not a competition, and that I will not be judged based on anyone else but me.  That's a good motivator to get my butt in gear and keep writing!!

No comments: