Friday, July 10, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

So yesterday was Thoughtful Thursday and I was the first recipient of my principal's thoughtfulness. Soon after my uncle and his wife arrived yesterday from Florida, the phone rang and I saw that it was school calling. (ugh) I picked it up and it was my principal, who said he'd hoped to reaching my answering machine (!). I chuckled and said I'd hang up and he could call back, but then he went on to tell me why he was calling. Every Thursday, he calls a different staff member on the phone to thank them for something specific that they've done. Yesterday was his first call, and it was me! He thanked me for doing Summer Library and let me know that he was impressed with my efforts for the students at Conway and all that I do there. What a thoughtful thing to do! I loved it, and it made my day (my week, my summer, my school year)!

No comments: