Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Library, part 2

Summer Library was fun today!! It wasn't as busy as even our slowest day last year, but I didn't do as much PR for it, so I half expected it. But it was pretty steady all day, usually two or three families in there at a time, so it was exceptionally manageable. A good start, really. Austin brought all his tools, even though we had nothing to fix, but I oohed and ahhed over them, the reciprocating saw, the trim saw, the pile driver or something, and several other of Craftsman's best. Austin was a big help as usual, and our regulars were happy to see us again. I met with our new principal today for about an hour (!) and we got to talk about a lot of library stuff and school stuff. I told him I was starved for leadership, which is totally true, and I think I'm ready to be behind him 100%. I hope I don't live to regret those words... A good start to summer, indeed.

No comments: