Saturday, July 4, 2009

Back to reality...

The fabulous trip to Italy, Monte Carlo, Greece, and Turkey is over. I am in those post-vacation doldrums, trying to get back on east coast time and doing laundry and getting the house back to the way we live in it (we had dog-sitters here for 2+ weeks).
I'm also OD-ing on Internet--having been without it since June 18, I had a million and a half emails to weed through, and lots of blogs and other things to catch up on.
There were so many highlights to the trip. Rome is my absolute favorite city now, and I would move there tomorrow if I could.
Here's a little library-related part of the trip: a visit to Ephesus and the Library of Celsus. It was build around 110 AD and housed thousands of scrolls and books. I bought a resin statue of the library to have on my desk, along with some columns to show the kids when we study Ancient Rome and Greece.

No comments: