Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Thing on the Sofa


One of our state-award nominated books was He Came with the Couch by Rob Scotton. The first time I read it, I did not love it. The second through fourth times I read it, I still did not love it. After the 5th time, though, I started to like it just an eensy-weensy bit. The students, however, LOVED IT FROM THE GET-GO.


I should've remembered earlier that we do not have the same funny bone, me and the kids. Usually, though, if they like it, I like it. And I guess that's what happened here.


This week, I've been reading a line or two from a well-known children's book on our morning announcements. We call it Mystery Book, and the students can enter a guess as to what book I am reading. Yesterday, I read a little bit from The Old House (written and illustrated by my friends Pam and Henry).


This one little guy didn't get it right, but he did make me laugh. On his scrap of paper, he wrote "The Thing on the Sofa". I knew exactly what he meant.

No comments: