Saturday, June 23, 2007

SUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMER!!!

It's here!! Finally!! A few things transpired the last week of school and on the teacher days. As I went to check out with my principal, we finally got to discuss my plans to have the library open for 6 weeks this summer. I had emailed her and the AP several months ago with my plans, but I didn't hear back from her (not unusual). I was being passive-aggressive about the whole thing, refusing to ask her about it again. Instead, I assumed that "silence was consent". There's a nice French way to say this statement, but I don't remember it. So as I was preparing to leave, we DID discuss it. And she told me that she wasn't sure about the hours I wanted to keep it open, but since she saw it in the monthly newsletter, the point was moot. Indeed it was. Since I'm in charge of the newsletter, I decided to put it in as if she'd okayed it already. The good news is that I will have the library open on Tuesdays starting July 10 this summer. We're going to have food and literacy activities and do fun games and allow Internet access, and I will do a little advertising and remind people to come. I think it will be great and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes on July 10!!

No comments: