Friday, June 1, 2007

10 more days...

I am sure every teacher in America is counting down the days this time of year. I almost truly just can't even get out of the car in the morning. I would sit in the car and bake in the summer sun rather than walk into that building and teach. This week is testing week and our state standards tests are just wreaking havoc with the daily schedule, not to mention the poor kids. The library is the repository for students when they finish their small group (read: special ed) testing, and at one point today, we had 35 kids in there. Thank goodness the AP came to help with crowd control. And the GALL of this one teacher who came in to tell me that she was leaving her kids with me until her class went to lunch because they were just too disruptive to bring back into her room, considering that the other classes were still testing. Oh. My. God. I am not a babysitter, and I REALLY resent when the teachers treat me like I am. Obviously, I am ready for this school year to be over. And I haven't even WRITTEN about my boss. Ugh.

No comments: