Wednesday, October 5, 2005

What I'm Reading

I have been consumed by A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. It's the Oprah Bookclub pick, and while I don't usually jump on the Oprah bandwagon, this one was different. I am almost finished with it, and it is GOOD! I stay up late reading it, I get up early to read it, I rush home from work to read it. I know I'll be sad when I finish it. There will be a void. In the world of kids' books, I've been reading Jack Gantos's Jack Henry Adventures, a delightful little series about young Jack Henry. I've read parts of it aloud to my 4th/5th graders, and they loved it. Oh, and the classic Sideways Stories from Wayside School. We did a Readers' Theatre on some of the chapters and the kids loved it. I met one girl who, after hearing some of the book from me, ordered it from her monthly book order. She was so excited to show me; I was excited for her.

No comments: