Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Still waiting

Well, the issues with the librarian at one of our sites still aren't resolved. When I first spoke to the principal, which was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, she assured me that she'd talk to the librarian. All this time has passed, and they still haven't had the (much needed) conversation. A few more things have happened with the librarian to make our students feel not welcome in the library, so I emailed the principal on Sunday. I was in her building today, and she told me that she did, in fact, get my email and that she was looking for a way to bring it up with the librarian. Quite frankly, the time to be nice is over. What that librarian is doing is a crime, and she shouldn't be allowed to treat students the way she does. I have a lunch meeting with my boss tomorrow, so we'll see what she says. She is aware of the situation, but takes the position that the principal has to deal with this. (I think--we'll see tomorrow...) In other news, I am loving my classes. The kids are, for the most part, really really good. I have no more discipline problems than I had last year at a school that is quite different, demographically, from our new school. Kids are kids.

No comments: