Saturday, January 22, 2011

Laugh Out Loud Funny Kindergartners Keep Me Sane

One of my favorite things about being an elementary teacher is that I totally enjoy these age groups.  Not a day goes by that I do not laugh with the children (sometimes at them, but mostly with them...).
Yesterday, my kindergarten class and I were reviewing the Readers' Choice program books for our state, as we'd finished reading all of them and it was time to vote.  I asked a little boy who was particularly excited when I picked up I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean to hold it for the class and tell us about it. 
I tried handing him the books, but he put his hand out to give me something.  I could see that he didn't have anything in his hand, but I put my hand out.  He put his teeny little fingers in my palm and in his cute little voice, "Here's a flower for you."  And then, before I could even say thank you, he added, "It's your favorite color."  Tee hee.  Totally imaginary--there was no flower there.  But I loved it anyway.  I took it out of my palm and very gently set it on the bookshelf next to me. 
When I told one of my friends the story, she said, "What?!?! You didn't put it in a glass of water?!?!"  Even funnier.

No comments: