Saturday, October 30, 2010

Natural Presenter

So that's what I was told! I am a natural presenter.  Woo-hoo.  I did have fun presenting at our state librarians' conference yesterday, although I was a sweaty mess at the end of each presentation.  There were lots of attendees at the sessions, and I gave away all 150 CDs that I made.  Yikes.  The evaluations from the attendees were very positive, so that was good. I suppose it was worth all that work.  For the past three weeks, I've been working for several hours a night and all weekend long preparing for it.  AND I had to send my regular computer off for repair, so I was doing it all on one of those teeny-tiny netbooks. 

I did not win School Librarian of the Year for our state.  The woman who won is a dear friend, and truthfully, she is the only one I was willing to lose to.  Does that make sense?  Sure, it's disappointing that I didn't win, but I am happy for the winner.  She is a wonderful person and truly deserving of the honor.

No comments: