Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunday Catch-up

Yesterday, our building was open from 10-2. I got there right at 10 and stayed until almost 2 pm (I had a meeting at 2, so I left a little early), and what a difference it has made!!! It feels SO GREAT to get a little caught up. Sigh...I wish I didn't have to work on the weekends AT school to get caught up, but that seems to be the reality this year. I repotted some plants that I had purchased the first week of school. They desperately needed new homes, but I never had the time to do it. I processed some books--wow, did that feel good--that had been sitting in a box for 3 weeks. I cleaned up the back room--organizing, throwing away, putting away. Oh, it all felt good. Today, I was doing leaf rubbings with 1st and 2nd grades after we read Old Bear by Kevin Henkes. One of the kiddos came over to me with her leaf rubbing and said, "it's like looking at the skeleton of the leaf!". And that's what keeps me in education.

No comments: