Sunday, January 8, 2006

Professional Days

How much do I love my principal? She allowed me 1 1/2 professional days to deal with all the boxes piling up in the back room. A whole day and a half where I didn't have to teach--I could just make progress and get things put where they belong. Oh, it felt so good!! I created such a mountain of trash on Thursday. At least 9 trash bags full of styrofoam and probably 30 boxes all flattened out waiting to be recycled. I should've taken a picture, it was so impressive! We are still waiting for a few deliveries, but mostly everything has arrived and is barcoded and into the system. Over the holiday break, the overheads and CD/tape players and listening centers arrived. What a relief! Teachers were very excited about those overheads. Now if we could just get electricity to our computers...

No comments: