Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Old Technology

Who would've thought that a TV is old technology? This concept was brought up at our librarians' meeting yesterday. Our county is opening some new schools next year, and we are hoping to install mounted data projectors in the classrooms instead of televisions. This is an interesting step forward, although it is not without its concerns. I am wondering if there are other schools (especially elementary) out there that use this technology. In other news, yesterday marked the official end of our book shipments. Every book we ordered is now officially in the library. Some still need to be cataloged and processed, but at least we have them. Most of the equipment is in, and we are waiting on one supply order. It is a GREAT feeling to know we are almost caught up. A funny thing happened yesterday: I was trying to get a class lined up to go, and they were being fairly uncooperative. This little girl was standing in front of me practically on my toes. I looked down at her and said, "What?!?!" rather impatiently, and she smiled and said, "I love your outfit today." She was just so cute. Oh my goodness. And it was a new outfit that my sister bought for me. Oh, another funny thing happened today. A fourth grader noticed that I had a Battleship game on the shelf. He asked what it was for, and I told him that sometimes kids play it when they've finished checking out books. He said, "Oh, I thought you played it on your break or something." I laughed OUT LOUD at that one. That was the funniest thing I heard all day. That's what keeps me here. Those kids keep me laughing.

No comments: