I had a period of time in 2025 and early 2026 where I said yes to new things. Personal growth, professional growth... you know the story.
And two big things are happening right now that will affect my life for the foreseeable future. First, I was elected president-elect of our state's school librarians organization! I have belonged to this organization since I became a librarian in 2000, and it means the world to me. For many years, I was a a sponge, soaking up all the knowledge I could from more experienced librarians. And then things started to switch, and I became someone who shared my knowledge with new librarians. And now, I will lead this organization that I love so much.
The second big thing is that I have been hired as an adjunct instructor for a university in the area with a robust school library program. The students are mostly teachers getting their M.Ed. with a school library endorsement, or they are initial licensure candidates. I'll be teaching a children's literature course this fall, and next spring, I'll be doing collection development.
My year of yes has turned into my year of BUSY!!























No comments:
Post a Comment