Saturday, October 29, 2005

NO joking

Things still haven't been resolved at the site of our 2nd and 3rd graders. The principal saw me on Friday and didn't mention anything, so I knew she hadn't resolved the situation. Lunch with my boss on Thursday was wonderful. She felt sorry for me and told me so and it made me cry. I just teared up a little-no sobbing, which was what I felt like doing. I was trying to remain professional. I told her everything that I was experiencing at that site, and she asked if she should talk to the principal; I told her that maybe we had gotten to that point. I ventured that if nothing was done soon, I'd be forced to say something, and it might get ugly. My boss said that it's not my place to do that: it's hers or the principal's. I'm just a colleague. I can respect that--IF SOMETHING ACTUALLY GETS DONE!!!!!!!! Friday night, I was scrapping with some new friends from my school when my assistant told me that she got scolded during checkout for allowing kids to borrow joke books. JOKE BOOKS. Evidently, the librarian does not allow students to go to the shelves behind the checkout desk, which is where the 800 and 900's are. I just can't believe this. I emailed my boss today to tell her. This really should, I mean really should send her over the edge. It just about did me! The good news, GREAT news, actually, is that the carpeting was installed this week in the new library. The shelving will arrive next week, and we're on track for the Nov. 16 collection delivery. This was just the news I needed at the end of a long week, and it has put me in a GREAT mood. :)

No comments: