Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Happy, happy summer!

A couple of things have happened in the last two weeks that have made me smile--school stuff, which I try to take a little break from during the summer, but not really.  I'm always thinking about stuff for next year.  Who am I kidding!?

First, we have a Teachers Are Reading bookclub, and I changed the format of it this year, and a bunch of new people signed up.  One of them is our PE teacher.  She just finished Ghost by Jason Reynolds, and I got this message from her on Facebook:


It just makes my heart sing to get a message like this. I keep envisioning all the ways this teacher will be able to connect with her students about this and other books.  YES!

And then on Monday, we had our first day of summer school, and our chorus teacher (who recently got her admin certification) is the administrator.  She is starting off every day with the students before they go to their math/English/coding lessons.  And she asked about a book to read aloud to the kids, and I suggested two from our statewide readers' choice award list.  After school Monday, I got this message from her:

She was a little nervous about reading aloud to middle schoolers, but I assured her they would love it.  AND THEY DID!  YES again!

No comments: