Friday, September 15, 2017

Should I report this?

The past two weeks of school have been busy with library orientation for all grades.  Seventh and eighth graders noticed the,  changes in the library that happened over the summer right away so that was fun.  And of course, the sixth graders were completely overwhelmed with the transition to middle school.
When I talked to them about the books they'd encounter in middle school, I said that they might encounter books with curse words in them.  AND books with ROMANCE!  (Insert groans and eye rolling here.) And I let the kids know that if anything made them uncomfortable, they should just return the book and choose something else.
One little girl asked me if she should report those things to me.  Alarmed, I said, "NO! I'm reporting it to you right now! Don't report it to anybody!" Gotta love those sixth graders . . .

No comments: