Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bookfair Warehouse Sale

Well this was kind of fun...I volunteered at the $ch0la$tic bookfair warehouse sale they held today in my city.  I took a day off and spent most of the day at the fair.  I was supposed to work from 9-5, but at 3:30, there were ZERO customers in the sale and I was falling asleep at my post.  So I got myself out of there and took a nap instead.

I got to choose books ($10 for each hour I worked) that I will give to our library--got some of the newest books in the popular series.  I was texting my assistant in the morning to find out which books we had or didn't have, and then I realized that I had the Destiny Quest app on my phone.  That was PERFECT for today!! I would do a little search for a title and instantly know if we had it or not.  I love technology!

Then, I was so bored that I caught up on Facebook and Twitter and my school email, and everything else I could access.  I had straightened and restraightened and consolidated and grouped books for hours, and there was literally nothing else for me to do there.

Here is a picture of my favorite book that I discovered today.  I did not buy it--but I totally should have!! (It was paperback--that was the deal-breaker.)
Why was this book not on the best sellers table?!?!

No comments: