Sunday, October 14, 2012

Book Trailer

My very first book trailer! I'm so excited.  It's very rudimentary, and it took me all day, but I have to say that I like it!! And I hope it gets the kids interested in the book.  It's one of our Readers' Choice nominees, and I have to note, it was sadly the very last of the books left on the shelf.  Lots of copies of it.  But no more, I hope!! It just needed a little marketing (obviously my booktalk wasn't enough).


The book is Ellie Ever, written by Nancy Ruth Patterson.  It's about a girl who loses her dad and her home in a hurricane, and she and her mother start their lives over in Virginia.  Ellie's mom is learning to become a farrier, and Ellie has some adjustment issues at her new school.  It's a good story--I enjoyed the connection to our state and pictured Ellie living on that beautiful road I travel to get to Charlottesville.  Maybe she went to St. Anne's-Belfield or Covenant?  Her school has a different name in the book, but it could've been one of those.

In other library news, I have weeded all the way to the 700's and am just so pleased with the results.  After the weeding and re-labeling of (some crazy--thank you very much, FLR) call numbers, we're labeling each shelf with the call number range and the main topics on it.  I have to have a large chunk of time to weed, so I've been doing it on the weekends, which isn't bad, unless, you know, I'd like to actually have a weekend...

So I didn't go in this week, but I'm looking at November 6, Election Day, as my next big weeding day.  It's a work day for us, but since our school is a voting site, they don't really want us there.  It sounds like a perfect day to get lost in the Arts & Recreation section!

No comments: