Monday, January 12, 2009

new stuff

So I found a new blog to visit, and it has totally inspired me to be a better librarian and a better blogger! The Orange Room is my new favorite place on the web, and one of the reasons I like it so much is that it is updated often. I started my new class tonight, Technical Services, and it went pretty well. The students were very excited about the syllabus, mostly because it contains virtually no out-of-class assignments (besides reading). We'll be doing a lot of stuff in class and this will make all of us happy. Over Thanksgiving, I went into the craft room, and the calendar was still set to August. I realized at that moment that my entire fall was consumed by the Reference class I taught. I'm going to try not to let that happen this time around! The fourth and fifth graders are working with almanacs this week, and the class I had today actually groaned when I told them it was time to put their almanacs away. What a nice moment. I love the almanac, too.

No comments: