Sunday, September 21, 2008

In the groove

We've had three good weeks of school. I've made many lists. I've crossed off many to-do's. There is always more to do. This year's schedule is pretty good. I have three full (really full) days of teaching each week, and two days of flexible time. So far, I've had a bunch of classes coming in for different kinds of things. It's been fun. My favorite first grade teacher's class is studying Audrey and Don Wood, so we went to their website, so cute. A fifth grade class is buddying up to read to a different first grade class, so we brainstormed how to make good choices of books. They had some ideas that I hadn't even thought of, so that was great! This week, I am going to a workshop learning how to use our state-funded databases. I am ashamed to admint that I don't even know how to access them. This is the year to learn! The National Book Festival is coming up on Saturday, and I am simply beside myself getting ready for it. Who to meet?!?!?! The class I am teaching for a state university went well the first week. There are 17 students, all elementary or middle school teachers. Tomorrow we discuss Dictionaries and Encyclopedias and basic evaluation of reference sources. I am ready. Another busy week begins. Yawn.

No comments: