Monday, August 25, 2008

Zen Server

OK. What the heck is a Zen server? That is apparently where my library automation system has migrated to. I cannot access this server, but heck, why would I need to work directly on the system?
Such geniuses we have here. Who sat around thinking, "What can we do to f*^k up the lives of our librarians? Let's move their library system without telling them about it. And yeah, while we're at it, let's import data from a March archive into the system."
Really. When I opened the system, the date was from sometime in March of 2008. We've only circulated thousands of books, added a couple hundred, and inventoried the entire collection in that amount of time. Nothing important, really.
Ugh. I hate network people. I hate incompetent ones even more. I need some Zen in my life.

No comments: