Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Continued WOAH!!!

So our first week of Open Library was not a fluke!!! Last week, we had 32 families (a gain of two), and this week, we had 36 families!! It is very exciting to see the same faces week to week and also new ones who've heard about the library program through neighbors and friends.

I've taken lots of photos, but this is probably the only one I can post (privacy concerns):

Oh, and I can post this one of our spread. I make hotdogs and then we have lots of snacks out for the families:

A reporter from our local newspaper came yesterday to interview families and me for an article to appear in next week's "Neighbors" section. I'll let you know if it sees print or not...

All in all, a successful, if not expensive, program to run. Imagine how much it would cost if I actually were getting paid to do it!!

No comments: