Monday, March 19, 2007

Damn Good to See You, Miss R!

So a kindergartner said this to me today. I laughed out LOUD! I guffawed! It was truly the best part of the day! And now for the worst... The sub for my assistant walked in today at 8:35 with a cup of tea in a Mason jar (lid screwed on), a novel, and a Bible. Yes, a Bible. I literally stopped in my tracks, looked her up and down, and said, "Oh, we're NOT having that kind of day today." That got us off on the right foot, indeed. We were so busy: I had six classes plus tutoring today, the busiest day of the rotation, and this person had two speeds: slow and SLOWER. Oh, my. I have no words to describe how bad it was. There is a book truck with 3 full shelves of books awaiting us tomorrow. I wonder how many there will be at the end of tomorrow?!?! (which is the same schedule as today). There was alcohol at dinner tonight. Plenty of alcohol.

No comments: