Sunday, November 6, 2005

you should see my library!!!!

On Friday afternoon, I spoke with someone who had been in our new building. She said that I should stop by and see the library. I mentioned it to my principal, who said, "They'll turn you away! You can't just walk in there!" I told her I'd take my chances and leave if anyone said anything. So I walked right in. Walked into the cafeteria and through the halls and directly into the library. The beautiful library. The library with carpeting and shelves. I was so excited, I wanted to do a little dance. A man was still assembling the shelves, but he was almost done. He was very friendly, and I was just gushing over his fine craftmanship. It just made my weekend to see the awesome progress going on there at the school and in my library, in particular. The collection arrives on November 16. I will be there full-time at that point, organizing the books and equipment and AV stuff. Yikes. So much to do. I almost forgot to mention that the librarian at the other school and I had words last week. She is having a bookfair next week, and was quite eager to get the information to our students about visiting the bookfair. I said to her, "It seems that you're more than willing to have our students' money in your library, yet you do not actually want the students there." We discussed things tersely for a few minutes, and I could tell we were getting nowhere, so I ended the conversation by saying that we'd be out of her hair in a couple of weeks anyway. which is true. I can't wait.

No comments: